Summer Working Bee — W/End 3rd & 4th March 2018
Autumn Working Bee — W/End 12th & 13th May 2018
Times – 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (1 hr for lunch BBQ Lunch provided by the club)
Some of the tasks we have been discussing;
- Horse Yards Hut (Hoppet Storage Hut);
- Improved shelving/storage options.
- Improved winter access.
- Access door on the Eastern Wall (clear of snow shedding)
- Re-Locate AGL pine poles on the Aqueduct to the other side of the water way to improve snow grooming machinery access.
- Vegetation management on trails as allowed. I will be able to note down the resort trails we can work on this summer in due course.
- A final Rock pick/tidy up on the Dam Wall South bench.
- Re-location of Pine Poles at the start of Ropers Trail.
- Re-location of Pine Poles on Heathy Spur above the Paralyser to the RHS (looking up) of 4WD trails.
- Spring (Autumn) clean of the club house.
There will be a short induction to cover Health &Safety and ground rules. Please bring your favourite tools to complete above tasks that interest you and appropriate personal protective equipment.
Geoff Sorenson from Resort Management should be able to attend all dates and will be able to provide machinery support if required (Backhoe/Isuzu Truck etc.) We’ll also have a professional carpenter club member on site equipped with their own tools. Parks Victoria will also donate the use of a variety of gear.
The above list of tasks is preliminary only, please feel free to add to it.
I am currently liaising with YMCA on a discounted rate for accommodation at Howmans Gap for those who would like to take up the offer, more details to come.
Please feel free to come up and help for a few hours or all four days. It’s always fun, social and very productive with many past projects creating the wonderful resource that we all enjoy each winter.
RSVP to Blair Hume – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 0427 817 262 by Wednesday 28th February 2018 and let him know how you think you can best help out.