- The two rooms of the old wooden hut are used to store equipment that is used to conduct cross country ski races.
- The lower room of the new and attached metal hut is designated as the “Officials Room” that can be used as a room where officials can congregate, hold meetings, store clothing and day packs and have lunch and morning/afternoon tea.
- The upper room of the new hut is designated as the “Timing and Broadcast Room” that can be used as a room where races are timed and course broadcasts can be made.
- A permanent sound system is housed in the upper room and four permanent outside speakers are located in fixed positions around the Nordic Bowl.
- The old hut has a large door on the southern end and two external doors facing the Nordic Bowl. All three doors are locked from the inside.
- The new metal hut has one external door that is locked from the outside.
- There is a locked trapdoor between the lower and upper rooms of the new hut.
- One set of keys for the external door and trapdoor of the new hut are kept in the BNSC Clubhouse and another set of keys are kept in the Ski Hire room at the Windy Corner Day Shelter (for access by other Race Hut user groups).
Use of the Race Hut facilities and the equipment.
- The Race Hut can be used on official BNSC activity days such as conducting XC ski races, Junior Joey activity days, club coaching days and on working bee days.
- On approval from the BNSC Race Committee the Race Hut can be used by other XC ski Clubs to conduct other official XC ski races.
- On approval from the BNSC Race Committee the Race Hut can be used by both National and State XC Ski Teams on official training days/camps.
- The BNSC Race Committee can approve the use of the Race Hut by other approved organisations for specified activities.
The Sound System and Course Broadcasting System
- The permanent sound system and the course broadcasting facility can only be used during official XC Ski Race days and on Junior Joey activity days.
- The sound system and course broadcasting system should not be used during coaching days, training sessions or for general background music.
- The BNSC Race Committee is responsible for the general maintenance and upgrade of the facility and to keep the facility clean and tidy.
- The BNSC Race Committee is responsible for policing and reviewing this policy.
BNSC Race Committee
15 September 2010