Each year the incoming committee will prepare an annual budget (1 May to 30 April). Within budget constraints in any one year, a sum of money (maximum amount) will be set aside for member grants/subsidies as outlined below in categories 1–5. The budget is to be prepared and ratified by the general committee no later than the first meeting following the AGM in May.
1. National team member travel grant
BNSC members selected for National Teams are eligible to apply for club grants as outlined below.
BNSC members selected for National XC Ski Teams are eligible to apply for club grants as outlined below.
Guidelines for funding:
- An applicant must have been a Birkebeiner Nordic Ski Club member for a minimum of three years. This condition could be waived in exceptional circumstances.
- An applicant must be a member of a Ski and Snowboard Australia (SSA) Cross Country Ski Team.
- It is expected that recipients of the grant contribute to the life of BNSC and identify, represent, and compete as a BNSC member.
- Written applications must be received no later than October 8th.
- The application must be accompanied by a financial statement that includes a trip budget outlining – (a) anticipated expenses for full participation in the team. (b) other sponsorship arrangements held, and (c) other grants received by the applicant.
- BNSC grants will only be made if other levels of funding leave a significant shortfall.
- A maximum of $3,000–$4,000 will be allocated for national team member grants in any one year with a maximum of $1000 to any one individual, regardless of the number of grant applications received.
- The grant is to be used for the purpose intended. Should circumstances change, the funds granted will be reimbursed to BNSC.
- These guidelines will be reviewed biennially by the committee or by a sub-committee appointed by the committee.
To download a Word version of the application form, Click [HERE].
*Applications must be received by the 8th of October. Late applications will not be considered.
2. Coaching/Instructing/Officiating courses
Depending on availability of funds, the club has always supported members who wish to improve their ski instruction, coaching or officiating (TD’s), by fully or partly paying for course fees.
If this applies to you, write a letter to the Secretary setting out what you intend to do and the costs involved.
In return, the club would like you to put in some time offering instruction or coaching to our members, or if it is a TD course, to act in that capacity or other officiating job for races that the club organises. A member can apply at any time.
3. Special Projects
- A proposal and budget is required.
- The project must be linked in some way to club aims e.g. racing, touring, coaching, instructing, search and rescue or general development and promotion of cross country skiing in Australia or internationally.
- A report is to be submitted to the general committee on the conclusion of the project and published in the ‘Bulletin’.
- Members can apply at any time.
4. Junior Program
- Available to the Junior Committee for the development of the Junior Joey and Birkie Programs.
- Committee to put forward a budget proposal as to how funds will be spent. For example: skier clothing, coaching/instruction fees, accommodation at State and National Championships, travel, race entry fees and training camp fees.
- A report on how and to whom the funds were allocated, is to be submitted at the last committee meeting each year.
- Committee to apply and submit a budget by 31 March.