Congratulations to the following three club members who have been selected for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games in South Korea starting today 9th February 2018. The Games conclude on 25th February. The first XC event is on Saturday 10th February – the ladies’ 7.5km + 7.5km Skiathlon.
- Phillip Bellingham — Mount Beauty – Victoria (also competed at the Sochi Winter Games in Russia in 2014)
- Aimee Watson — Barooga – NSW (also competed at the Sochi Winter Games in Russia in 2014)
- Casey Wright — Launching Place – Victoria
Others in the team are Barbara Jezersek (NSW), Jessica Yeaton (WA) and Callum Watson (NSW).
Opening Ceremony — Channel 7 starting at 8:30 pm tonight .
Download the ‘AUS Team‘ App to your smartphone or tablet (iPad). This is the Official App of the Australian Olympic Team. It has all the athlete profiles, schedules, results, news, videos etc. With the Channel 7 App ‘OlympicsOn7‘ App you will be able to view view eight different feeds. Hopefully plenty of XC. They possible will have a ‘catch up’ function if you miss events.
Also congratulations to new Mount Beauty resident Valerio Leccardi (National XC Coach) who is the head coach of the team with Finn Marsland (National XC Program Director) also part of the coaching/management team.
The club is very proud of all its past Olympians:
- Chris Heberle (1988 Calgary, Canada)
- Paul Gray (1992 Albertville, France & 1998 Nagano, Japan)
- Mark Gray (1994 Lillehammer, Norway)
- Paul Murray (2006 Torino, Italy & 2010 Vancouver, Canada)
- Esther Bottomley (2006 Torino, Italy, 2010 Vancouver, Canada & 2014 Sochi Russia)
- Phillip Bellingham (2014 Sochi, Russia)