|Dear Member and Interested Person,
Under the directive of the Australian Sports Commission, SSA has a responsibility to encourage more Australians, particularly young Australians to participate in sport more often, whether at school or with local communities and clubs.
Interschools Snowsports remains the single biggest entry point for grass roots participation in competitive snowsports. In recent times SSA has created additional grass roots engagement via Snowracer and the recently launched “Little Shredders” under the Sporting Schools Programme.
To this end, and as one of its ongoing strategic priorities, the SSA Board has resolved to establish a National Participation Committee (”NPC”) to provide appropriate expertise and input on the development and operation of this important objective.
Accordingly, SSA now seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitable individuals willing to be appointed to the NPC. Successful applicants are likely to have an involvement in and understanding of grass roots sport development but also an appreciation of the sport’s full development pathway.
A structural overview of the SSA NPC is set out in the SSA NPC Terms of Delegation document which includes:
• Role of the SSA NPC;
Interested individuals should forward their EOI taking into account the position paper, detailing their experience and suitability.
An indicative timetable for the appointment process is as follows.
• 23rd April 2016 Closing date for EOI
For further information, please contact SSA, email@example.com
Original Birkebeiner Painting
Recent News Items
- Annual General Meeting (AGM) – Tuesday 18th May April 25, 2021
- Further Ski Instructor Employment Opportunities, Roller Ski Series update & Mt Beauty Running Festival entries open April 4, 2021
- Birkie Junior Team – Alpine Resort Reform – Ski Instructor Employment Opportunity – Roller Ski Races March 29, 2021
- Falls Creek Resort Entry — Early Bird March 5, 2021
Categories of News