When: 6.00 pm Saturday 10th June 2017
Where: Bogong Outdoor Education Centre, Bogong Village
RSVP: By Wednesday 7th June to Kerry Lucas (Social Secretary)
Please note: As a courtesy to Kerry, the volunteer organiser, please let her know by the RSVP date if you will be attending. Do not just turn up! That would be very rude.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 03 5754 1341, Mob: 0407 814 114
- Parking — It would be best to drop off food and passengers then park down at Bogong Jack’s Cafe. Parking is limited around the School.
- Food — Bring food to share (singles – a casserole or dessert, families – casserole and dessert), plus your own drinks and glasses. There are plastic beakers for kids’ drinks. Plates and utensils are provided.
This year we have a very special Guest Speaker:
Adventurer and author, Steve Bell is an author and former Everest mountain guide who finds compelling stories from his life. His first book, Virgin on Insanity, is a coming of age memoir, but his talk will cover his more recent Everest experiences, including the first British guided ascent of Everest in 1993.
In his talk, he will tell his remarkable story of survival set against the loss of his friend, Bruce Herrod.
‘Over 30 years of Wilderness I can tell you that yours was ‘up there’ amongst the top rank speakers we have had.’ Wilderness Lectures, 2016.
‘Wow, what a journey….told in a very unassuming and humble way. Steve had our clients on the edge of their seats.’ Financial Lifestyle Partners, 2015.
Steve will also be selling and signing his books on the night, $35 each ($10 off the list price) https://www.amazon.co.
Also on the night:
- The Ian Ryan Club Award will be presented.
- Second hand equipment sale. (Bring it along, someone may buy it. Label it with your name and the asking price.)
- DVD’s and other activities for the kids.
- Lots of talk. It’s a great night to meet members and get fired up for the coming season.
- New and old members most welcome.