When: 6.00 pm Saturday 11th June 2016
Where: Outdoor School – Bogong Village
RSVP: By Wednesday 8th June to Kerry Lucas (Social Secretary)
Please note: As a courtesy to Kerry, the volunteer organiser, please let her know by the RSVP date if you will be attending. Do not just turn up! That would be very rude.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 03 5754 1341, Mob: 0407 814 114
- Parking — It would be best to drop off food and passengers then park down at Bogong Jack’s Cafe. Parking is limited around the School.
- Food — Bring food to share (singles – a casserole or dessert, families – casserole and dessert), plus your own drinks and glasses. There are plastic beakers for kids’ drinks. Plates and utensils are provided.
- Children — Main course dinner for the children will be served first at 6.30 and then be supervised by some of the older children.
Club member Ewan Silvester (Yackandandah) — Ewan is an Associate Professor in the Department of Ecology, Environment and Evolution at La Trobe University (Albury-Wodonga Campus). Ewan and his wife Johanna are very active members of the club, with two young boys, Tommi and Harry, who are keen and very good racers.
Ewan will talk about the research activities of his group, focused on and around the Bogong High Plains. This work is primarily directed towards understanding the role of alpine peatlands in headwater stream hydrology, and the links between the distributions of wetland vegetation and water composition. Click [HERE] to view a profile of Ewan and the work he does.
Ewan, thank you for offering to be our guest speaker this year.
- The Ian Ryan Club Award will be presented.
- Second hand equipment sale. (Bring it along, someone may buy it. Label it with your name and the asking price.)
- DVD’s and other activities for the kids.
- Lots of talk. It’s a great night to meet members and get fired up for the coming season.
- New and old members most welcome.