Our social secretary Kerry Lucas needs to know if you will be attending the club’s Annual Casserole Dinner. RSVP was Wednesday 11th June. Last year we had over 100 adults and kids so if you want a seat let Kerry know.
If you intend to come she needs to know ASAP. Don’t just turn up!
Details of the evening are as follows:
When: 6.00 pm Saturday 14th June 2014
Where: Outdoor School – Bogong Village
RSVP: By Wednesday 11th June to Kerry Lucas (Social Secretary)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 5754 1341, Mob: 0407 814 114
- Parking — It would be best to drop off food and passengers then park down at Bogong Jack’s Cafe.
- Food — Bring food to share (singles – a casserole or dessert, families – casserole and dessert), plus your own drinks and glasses. There are plastic beakers for kids’ drinks. Plates and utensils are provided.
- Children– Main course dinner for the children will be served first at 6.30 and then they will be supervised by some of the older children.
This year we have a very special Guest Speaker:
Adventurer and author, Tim Cope will share his experiences of “The Trail of Genghis Khan.” Inspired by a desire to understand the nomadic way of life, he embarked on a remarkable journey: 6,000 miles on horseback across the Eurasian steppe from Mongolia, through Kazakhstan, Russia, and the Ukraine, to Hungary retracing the trail of Genghis Khan.
Tim has received accolades internationally for his documentary films, and writing – most recent, his book ‘On the Trail of Genghis Khan’ won the Grand Prize at the 2013 Banff International Mountain Book Festival, and was short-listed in the non-fiction category of the Australian Book Industry Awards. (see www.timcopejourneys.com and www.facebook.com/timcopejourneys).
Tim is hoping to use the night’s presentation to fund-raise for two charities that he works with: The Down Syndrome Association Of Mongolia, and a school dormitory project for nomad school children in the village of Khovd in Western Mongolia. Please note: A $10-15 donation (for adults at the dinner) to the charity would be very much appreciated.
Tim will also be selling, and signing his book and DVD’s on the night ($30 each or one of each for $50!)
- Second hand equipment sale (bring it along, someone may buy it. Label it with your name and the asking price).
- DVDs and other activities for the kids.
- Lots of talk, It’s a great night to meet members & get fired up for the coming season.
- The Ian Ryan Club Award will be presented.
- New & old members most welcome.