The Kangaroo Hoppet is the major event for Australian XC skiing but it can’t run without BNSC volunteers.
Our Club receives significant funding from Kangaroo Hoppet in recognition of the club’s involvement in organising the event and the volunteer contribution of club members.
These funds support club programs including Junior Birkie activities, coaching clinics, social activities, the race program and support for our elite athletes training and competing overseas, allowing us to keep our membership fees very low.
As a Birkebeiner member, you are asked to help make the 27th Kangaroo Hoppet a success.
Depending on your role you maybe provided with a Hoppet T-Shirt ( via a Hoppet Shop voucher in Mt Beauty), lunch and drinks.
Thank you – from the Kangaroo Hoppet Organising Committee.
Contact — Nick Wright to register where you can help. Email: email@example.com
We need volunteers for the following days:
Friday 25th August
- Setting up the start/finish area in the Falls Creek Nordic Bowl
- Drink Station Set-up
Saturday 26th August
- To complete the start/finish area set up in the Nordic Bowl.
- Start Line Marshals – 9 a.m to 10 am.
- Course Marshals – The next best Marshal Job, seeing all the on course action out on the High Plains! (free snowmobile ride if you are unable to ski to location).
- Final Clean Up – Nordic Bowl and Hoppet Start Area.
- Drink Station Pack-up.
Birkebeiner members who have skied in the Joey Hoppet or the Australian Birkebeiner are asked to volunteer for the afternoon shift and event pack-up in the Nordic Bowl. For non-skiing members, the afternoon pack up is an awesome way to help after watching the race!
Click [HERE] to view more details about the jobs above.