Possible jobs in conjunction with Falls Creek Resort.
- Erecting mesh fencing on the Dam Wall.
- Repositioning snow poles in Sun Valley.
- Mowing tracks about the Nordic Bowl and Hoppet Start. (Nordic Bowl and Hoppet Start have already been slashed)
- Restricting access behind Race Hut. (Last year 2 kids were buried when snow fell off the roof)
- Tidy up storage in Race Hut and Horse Yard Hut.
- Improve access to Horse Yard Hut.
Possible jobs in conjunction with Parks Victoria
- Erecting 3 portable experimental snow fences at Langford’s Gap. (supplied by Parks)
- Maintenance work on Pauls’ Track.
- Establishing alternate route for Langford Loop from Watchbed Creek corner.
- Erecting direction signs for Birkebeiner and Hoppet courses.
A BBQ lunch will be provided by Birkebeiner Nordic Ski Club on both days. (BNSC will also have a Clubhouse working bee on the Sunday)
Low cost accommodation may be available in Mount Beauty and Tawonga South for Friday and Saturday nights.
Please let Jim know by Wednesday 14th May if you can make it for all or any of the weekend. Any information about special skills or specialist tools appreciated. (e.g. have chainsaw and can use, brushcutter, power trimmer on pole, trailer, heavy duty mower, etc.)
Contact: Jim Gargan — Email: <email@example.com>
or Telephone: (03) 5754 1785
— Help make Falls Creek’s great Cross-Country ski trails even better —
Hope to see you there.
Jim Gargan (Co-ordinator)