Birkie Junior Development Camp — Sat 10th & Sun 11th July 2021
FOR: Grade 4 to Year 12 students, from beginners to advanced WHEN: Saturday 10th and Sunday 11h July 2021
WHERE: Meet 8.30am Saturday morning at Bogong Outdoor School, Bogong Village (15kms from Falls Creek) or 9am at Birke hut, Falls Creek. Accommodation Saturday night is at Bogong Outdoor School, Bogong Village.
Camp will finish at 3.30pm on Sunday at Bogong Outdoor School, Bogong Village.
MEALS: All meals (except Saturday lunch) will be provided. Families will be requested to bring a plate to share for afternoon or morning tea. Please notify of any food allergies.
SKI HIRE: Cross Country skis can be hired from Mount Beauty Secondary College on Friday 25th June (start of school holidays), or YMCA Windy Corner Sat/Sunday mornings. Participants will require classic skis Saturday and skating skis Sunday. Please advise if ski hire is required.
TRANSPORT: Transport will be via car and carpool.
COST: $50/child for members. Non-members will need to sign up for a $25 student membership. Click [HERE] to sign up as a member.
ENQUIRIES: Bronwyn Gray — Mob: 0402 105 237 or Email <email@example.com> REFUND: full refund if camp affected by covid restrictions or if you’re sick.
COVID INFO: Please do not attend the camp if you are unwell. Your child will need to be collected from the camp if they become unwell.
REGISTRATION — Click [HERE] to register for the camp. Applications close Sunday 4th July.
Membership – Now Due!
The 2021/22 Membership fee is now due. Please click [HERE] to renew.
Birkie Bits by Nordic Ned
- Important Dates
• Casserole Dinner – Postponed
- • Mid-Season Dinner at Roi’s — Postponed
Note — More details of these events will be published when decided on
- Clubhouse & COVID-19 Protocols — The clubhouse is accessible. COVID-19 protocols are in place including the Service Vic QR Code. A new door lock has been added and there is a new code that has been communicated to members in a previous email. Please read all documentation at the Clubhouse re restrictions on numbers etc.
- Kangaroo Hoppet Aid Stations — For 2021 plastic cups will not be provided. Skiers will need to carry their own water bottles and can get a refill at the stations.
- Hoppet Entries open 1st July 2021 <www.hoppet.com.au>.
- Birkebeiner Classic XC Race — Sunday 4th July – start 10:30 am. Volunteers needed. Please contact race secretary Ann Bellingham if you can assist. Mob: 0427 006 246, Email <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
2021/22 Birkie Committee
Executive members — President: Ewen Silvester, Vice President: Michelle Forrer, Secretary: Ronice Goebel, Treasurer: Jeanette McLaren
Ordinary Members — Ann Bellingham, Allan Marsland, Nick Wright, Peter Smith, Paul Gray, Stephanie Germancheya, Michal Trnka, Kate Prest, Elaine Thomas
Volunteer Positions — Peter Smith: Clubhouse Manager, Nick Wright: Membership Secretary, Paul L’Huillier: Website Administrator & News Bulletin, Ronice Goebel: Ski de Femme Co-Ordinator, Warren Sanders: Bush Search & Rescue (BSAR) Victorian Delegate, Ian Franzke: Skidoo Mechanic, Nick Wright: Skidoo Steward
Thanks to the hard work of our secretary Ronice Goebel the club was successful with their application via Victorian Sport & Recreation for an Athlete Grants. Congratulations to the following skiers Casey Wright, Nic Blackwell, Tommi Silvester and Hannah Price who have been given funds to assist their cross country skiing in 2021.
National Race Calendar
Click [HERE] to view or download the 2021 Race Calendar.