When: 6.00 pm Saturday 6th June 2015
Where: Outdoor School – Bogong Village
RSVP: By Wednesday 3rd June to Kerry Lucas (Social Secretary)
Email: email@example.com Tel: 5754 1341, Mob: 0407 814 114
- Parking — It would be best to drop off food and passengers then park down at Bogong Jack’s Cafe. Parking is limited around the School.
- Food — Bring food to share (singles – a casserole or dessert, families – casserole and dessert), plus your own drinks and glasses. There are plastic beakers for kids’ drinks. Plates and utensils are provided.
- Children– Main course dinner for the children will be served first at 6.30 and then be supervised by some of the older children.
— An inch of powder on a mile of base —
Science on the polar ice caps from a snow sports perspective
His research involves ice sheets, solar radiation and the gases in the atmosphere that affect climate and stratospheric ozone. He has led eight research expeditions in Antarctica and Greenland. He is also working with the energy industry to address the problem of greenhouse gas emissions.
While at the poles, David makes the most of the environment as a keen skier and climber. His presentation will give insights into the scientific and outdoor activities of these special places.
- Second hand equipment sale (bring it along, someone may buy it. Label it with your name and the asking price).
- DVDs and other activities for the kids.
- Lots of talk, It’s a great night to meet members & get fired up for the coming season.
- The Ian Ryan Club Award will be presented.
- New & old members most welcome.
A Reminder — The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is being held this Wednesday 20th May at the 2015 starting at 7:30pm in the AUDITORIUM@informationcentre. (next to the Kangaroo Hoppet Office). For a Nomination Form click [HERE].