Jeanette McLaren & Jim Gargan showing off their culinary skills at a previous working bee lunch BBQ.
Date & where to meet — Volunteers should meet at the Birkebeiner Clubhouse at Windy Corner, Falls Creek on 27/28 April 2019.
Times — Meet at the clubhouse at 9:30 am, Lunch at 12:30 pm and finishing at 4;30 pm.
Personal gear & tools to bring — Warm clothes and waterproofs as appropriate for the weather. Drinking water, sunscreen and a sunhat or thermos with a warm drink – keep an eye on the forecast. Overalls or similar protective clothes, strong work gloves and boots.
Some of the tasks to tackle are:
- Re-alignment of pine pole line on Langford’s Straight to Langford’s Gap side so they can be used to mount the temporary snow fencing trialled very successfully in that area last winter. We’ll use a skid steer with an auger to dig post holes. We will need to have some traffic control and design a traffic management plan.
- Potentially install/relocate pine poles on BHP road section from Dam Wall east to Big River fire trail. To be set up to mount snow fencing and re-located to LHS of High Plains Road heading out (better for grooming operations.. .)
- Ongoing Vegetation management, particularly the trees drooping over Panorama loop trail on the section from Panorama Corner to AGL corner (on the Panorama corner end). We can access the tipper if required.
- Tidy up the ski/back-sack rack nearest the Aqueduct (replace lower railing).
- Clubhouse Spring clean and tidy up. Also the possible installation of a protective screen on the upstairs outside door.
- There are a couple of culverts which need attention also:
- RHS of BHP Road on the approach to the dam wall – outlet needs opening up and inlet needs brush cutting and some reshaping.
- Pipeline trail on the uphill/SE side of Little Canada.
Hope to see you there – Blair Hume (co-ordinator)
(50% of our members are not from the Kiewa Valley so it would be fantastic if some members from outside the area could make themselves available for the working bee)
Other possible tasks — Brian Keeble and Peter Smith are planning to install new speakers on the Race Hut as part of the communication system upgrade.
RSVP to Blair by Monday 22nd April — Mob: 0404 530 358 or Email <firstname.lastname@example.org>