In consultation with Falls Creek Resort Management (FCRM) & Parks Victoria (PV), we have arrived at a date for our first 2019/20 summer working bee: Saturday 30th November 2019.
This will be a one-day affair unless there are enthusiastic participants who wish to push through on the Sunday with any unfinished tasks or even new ones. Among the jobs slated to do are:
- Realign snow pole line in ‘The Park’. (Continued improvement for grooming operations in marginal snow levels.) Geoff from FCRM will have a bobcat on-site to make light work of the digging.
- Remove a small number of temporary snow fences in the Alpine NP. (Many fences to remain in strategic location icons)
- Construct shelving in Horse Yard Hut (Hoppet Hut) to accommodate orange Hoppet barrier bunting. Keen amateur carpenters amongst the membership are encouraged to get involved.
- Make alterations to orange conduits to improve ease of instalment on XC ski trail alignments.
- Make any repairs to the Clubhouse that Pete Smith requires. Repairs/ alterations to the Race Hut as stated by the race committee or Brian Keeble.
- A small amount of targeted vegetation management on problem areas if there are qualified chainsaw operators &/or fit brush cutters.
Please feel free to add any items that you, or other members, feel should be included on the ‘to do’ list. This is by no means an exhaustive list, and Geoff, please also add extras as you see fit.
FCRM & PV will provide all tools and personal protective equipment necessary. Volunteers must provide their own UV protection, adequate clothing, gloves, footwear, snacks and hydration.
Meeting Time & Place — Clubhouse at 9:30 am.
This ‘Green Season’, the Birke General Committee has given the approval to add a subsidised dinner on a Saturday night at a yet to be determined Mount Beauty eatery. A BBQ lunch will, of course, be provided free of charge as usual.
Members can communicate directly with me on my contacts listed below with further enquires and to confirm their commitment. Please also remind everyone of the great social aspect in an environment that many only see on skis with access to areas on ‘Management Vehicles Only’ summer tracks.
RSVP to Blair by Wednesday 27th November 2019 — Mob: 0427 817 262 or Email <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Blair Hume (co-ordinator)
End of Season BBQ
2019 Ski & Snowboard Australia Community Sport Awards
The winners of the Community Sports Awards will be announced at the Awards Ceremony – to be held at QT Canberra on Thursday, November 7. Click [HERE] to view the nominations especially the cross country ones.
Blackwell Skis into World Championship Team