New members are invited to apply (Associate Membership of the Club is $20.00).
After completing an application form the club will endorse suitable applicants and their names will be put forward to Bush Search and Rescue Victoria (BSAR).
Click this link <https://bsar.org> to find out more about Bush Search and Rescue Victoria
What is needed to become a BSAR volunteer on our call–out list?
- Experienced walker/ skier/ camper
- Skills in some of the following
- First Aid
- Radio communications
- Navigation (map, compass & GPS)
- Fitness/ ability to go all day (not flat out), carrying your own food and camping equipment.
- Provisions and equipment to be self-sufficient for 3 days searching
- Attend S & R Training Sessions locally and/or organised by BSAR. Such as General training sessions and the Steep, Snow and Ice training weekend.
Our group is called out by Police and BSAR Officers.
The initial call is made to the designated club contact, who then calls out Birkebeiner BSAR members.
A search group may be made up of:
- A group leader (experienced searcher)
- A radio operator
- A navigator/ GPS user
- A minimum number of searchers
Club Field Officers (FO’s)
- Ian Franzke
- Warren Sanders
- Meets once a year if necessary to confirm contacts, search practices etc.
- Four members needed for clubs BSAR subcommittee.
Club Contact Duties
- Liaises with Police, Field Officers.
- Calls out members if instructed to do so.
- Maintains and updates the BSAR membership database.
- Forwards above list to BSAR Membership secretary.
- Writes and forwards search reports to BSAR Convener.
- Audits and stores BSAR equipment.
If you are interested in joining our BSAR Team, please contact Ian Franzke or Warren Sanders.
- Ian Franzke — mobile: 0438 066 669
- Warren Sanders — mobile: 0415 655 202
Email: The Secretary <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Search & Rescue Annual Reports